Promoting British Values
We worked together with our partner school to create this montage which is proudly displayed in school.
We also worked together to perform at our amazing “Collective Values in Voice” Event.
Thank-you to St John with St Mark Primary School, Bury for making us feel so welcome at our joint Collective Values in Voice music event.
Well done to both incredible choirs!
Click here to visit our Christian and Community events blog, show casing all the events we participate in throughout the year to promote effective British citizenship.
Our worship themes are based around Christian and British Values.
- Pass the Peace please worship theme – Autumn 2 2014
- Good to be me worship theme – promoting the idea that ‘to dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are, make the most of yourself!’ Spring 1 2015
- LENT; Lets, eliminate negative thinking – worship theme Spring 2 2015
- The only person you need to be better than is the person you were yesterday – worship theme summer 1 2015. Go for your goals.
- Greatness is not a given, it is determined by your actions! Worship theme Aut 1 2015, promting the idea that hard work can achieve great things.
- Show your grit, jump into the learning pit, Strive for success, Bounce out of it! Worship theme Aut 2 2015, promoting the values of determination and resilience.
- Success, is not achieved by chance, it is achieved by change. This is the day that The Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118;24 Spring 1 2016 promoting the values of striving for change in our lives through hard work, persistence adn perseverance.
- Forgiveness can’t change the past, but it can enhance th future! Summer 1 2016
- The past is where you learn the lesson, the future is where you apply the lesson – don’t give up on the bit in the middle. Make the most of now! Summer 2 2016
- Respect – give it! Grow in self respect and respect for others. Treat others as you want them to treat you. Matthew 7:12 Autumn 1 2016
- Success wont just come to you; you have to make it happen! Its your future and it starts now! Proverbs 3:6 Let God direct your steps. Spring 1 2017
- Words are powerful; why not use them to lift someone up, rather then knock them down. We rise by lifting others. Ephesians 4; 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, say only what helps- each word is a gift. Spring 2 2017
- Everyone is a star and deserves the right to sparkle; believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable. Summer 2017
- Life is easy when things are going well; I learn and grow through every struggle I tackle with all my strength Autumn 1 2017
- You make the world a better place by; being your best, doing your best and giving your best every single day. Autumn 2 2017
- We are a Christian family and Christian values guide our thoughts and actions. Spring 2018
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King Summer 1 2018
- We show children how they can influence decision making through the democratic process e.g. school council elections, eco team elections, pupil questionnaires and surveys
- We ensure children are listened to in school e.g. open door policy of the head teacher, pupil questionnaires, pupil consultations on rules.
- Children have a say on the charity work we do in school e.g. defibs for Bolton, heart awareness day organised by pupils, school council organise charity events throughout the year.
- Highly effective role models from all staff; strong relationships.
- Y6 literacy; debates linked to developing a sense of balanced arguments, listening to both sides of the arguments, understanding how decisions are made.
The rule of law
- We promote respect for the law and those who enforce it e.g, visits by the mounted police, close relationship with PCSO
- Effective school behaviour policy, consistently applied.
- We help children to distinguish right from wrong and identify inappropriate behaviours; we help children to understand their impact on others and impact on self through a metacognitive approach, restorative justice.
- We deliberately teach a programme of making the the right choices – featured on ITV.
Individual Liberty and freedom of speech, alongside mutual respect and tolerance for others
- Helping children to have a strong sense of self – self reflection activity, meta cognition development
- Wording in school – I matter and so do you, promoting equality for all
- Sparkle on our school motto – promoting the idea that we are all good at something and we each have a valuable contribution to make
- Extensive range of visits and visitors to expand horizons and enrich disadvantaged pupils lives, challenging stereotypes e.g. visit from Lee Whiteley – paralympic medaliast. Opening day ceremony visit from Sir Philip Craven President of the International Paralympic association – ex school pupil.
- Visits to places of worship from all faiths; Jewish museum, Mosque, Hindu temple
- Link with a school in Bury with a different cultural mix. Together we have made a Union Jack Montage and have performed together at our “Collective Values in Voice” event.
- Y5 curriculum; Britain in general and then Farnworth in particular; pride in our country, some of the achievements such as developing machinery and a range of changes in working conditions and rights of children in Victorian times. We also look at why WW2 began and how we defended ourselves and other countries against what we believed was wrong
- THINK – before you speak is it true, helpful, inspiring, necessary, kind – displayed around school, promoting self reflection before uttering words.